Can you believe that Lily is 9 months?! I probably ask that question every month but wow, time is flying by!
Lily has really started to take interest in walking. She loves walking by holding on to the couch or her exersaucer and then walking around them. She's doing a great job!
She also lets go of what she's holding on, another sure sign of being ready to start.
She's enjoying people food. She really likes grilled cheese sandwiches and has had a lot of food - both jarred baby food (which she'll eat but doesn't seem to enjoy too much) and then finger foods - which she loves! She loves her puffs, cheerios, and anything else she can eat herself. We call her Miss Independent! She enjoys feeding herself grilled cheese pieces. She's also had chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, carrots, rice, fruit and much, much more.
Strangely, she can still fit in her 0-6 month jeans but also fit (although a little long) into 18 month clothes. I think that shows the inconsistency of clothing companies (and I thought that was just in adult sizes!). Her average size is 9-12 months but can easily go from 12-18 on shirts. Pants, like I said, are a little long if they are for the older age group.
She still just has her five teeth, although I'm certain she could get another one any day. She is really teething (chewing on EVERYTHING!). She handles it well though, not much drooling and not a lot of crying. She likes to put her hand in her mouth though, so I know that's when it's bad.
She loves her teddy bears and dolls. It's so cute.
She likes her baths, playing more and more and trying to pick up the bubbles.
She hasn't been sleeping through the night, but I think that's partly due to having colds and coughing some. Plus, it seems that she's going through a growth spurt because she gets up and easily eats 6 oz. The other night she ate 12! 8 one time, 4 the next. It made BOTH Mommy and Lily very sleepy the next day.
BUT, she does go to sleep a lot earlier. As in 7-8 pm on average. This gives us a little bit before we have to go. I don't stay up late because I still get up with her and I like my sleep! :)
She has her first real diaper rash right now. I think it's a combination of eating a lot of formula lately and her cold. It's nasty!
Tomorrow is her 9 month check up. I know she's supposed to get shots. I hope she handles them well.
I'll post pictures when I get the time... but they are the same as the ones on Facebook if you're my friend. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment