Friday, July 23, 2010

14 months

My oh my! FOURTEEN MONTHS!

Not a lot has changed in the last month other than her little personality. She's still wearing the same clothes, eating the same food (especially blueberries!), and doing about the same on sleep. She used to take two two hour naps a day, plus sleep pretty well at night, but now she seems good with one nap, later in the day, and then a good sleep at night. I'm not going to complain. However, she's starting to sleep in (which is both good and bad) and I guess we need to slowly start getting up earlier because it's less than a month until school (yuck!).

Lily has been giving kisses to almost anyone who will ask. However, she won't always give them. Today she gave me two, Doug one, and then later gave me LOTS! She came over where I was laying on the ground and kissed my chest. I asked for another kiss and she gave it to me on the lips. She then gave me about 10 kisses, some open mouth (the usual) and some with a closed-lip smile. I'm not complaining because I will take them ANY way!

She is starting to act like a little toddler. She kind of throws tantrums. Not huge, drawn out ones (yet) but she will pout and cry now. When she gets really angry, she'll throw her self on the floor, sit there and cry! It's almost funny! It normally happens when I don't let her walk off by herself (at auctions, the mall, Wal-Mart, restaurants, etc).

She also acts a little shy some days, which is totally new. She'll turn her head down and almost look like she could cry. Today at Wal-Mart we were in an aisle with a bigger kid (a boy) and he said "hi baby" and she furrowed her eyebrow and turned her head down. It was cute but funny.

She's talking a little bit more. She hasn't really come out with new words, but has a few random sounds every once in awhile that sound more like sentences. She can definitely say wow, oww, ca (for cat), do (for dog), uh oh, yeah, hi (randomly), and a few others.

She's back to waving bye! She can some times wave hi.

She's our little drama queen some days, but we wouldn't take her any other way!

Sorry for the lack of pictures (again) but it's about bed time and I haven't taken them yet. I will, however, leave you with one from this time LAST year!

Her TWO month shot a year ago today! What a difference!!!


On her first vacation! We're going to use the same lifevest this year, so it'll make a great comparison shot. Luckily she still fits so we didn't have to buy a new one. Next year will be a different story... but maybe we can get one that will grow.

No comments: